„Practical, pre-fabricated elements for pipe cladding and shelving.“
- Product information
Boxing in pipes using conventional materials takes time, creates mess and rarely creates an ideal substrate for tiling. This task can be done quickly and cleanly using wedi Mensolo angle units.
- Pre-fabricated L and U building boards of 20 mm thickness. Made from extruded polystyrene hard foam, reinforced with glass fibre fabric on both sides and coated with polymer-modified mortar.
- The blue XPS core is 100% waterproof and remains fully functional.
- abP*: building board butt joints can be 100% sealed simply by using wedi 610. Because no other seal is required craftsmen will benefit from increased security and a shorter tiling time.
- The cemented surface is a good adhesive under-surface. The fibre fabric also absorbs tensile forces.
- All building board systems have excellent heat insulation properties.
You can find all advantages at a single glance here.
* abP (Allgemeines bauaufsichtliches Prüfzeugnis – German General Technical Approval) in combination with tile and slab covering.
- Technical data
Technical data of building board
Sound insulation DIN EN ISO 140-3 (at board thickness of 12.5 mm) Rw, P 23 dB Fire behaviour EN 13501 E Bending stress based on DIN 53293 3900 kPa (mean value) Adhesive tensile strength 0,28 N/mm2 Weight: wedi building board (1250 x 600 x 4 mm)
wedi building board XXL (2500 x 1200 x 50 mm)
Linear coefficient of thermal expansion 0,017 mm/(mk)
Technical properties – Rigid foam
Long-term compressive strength (50 years) ≤ 2% compression EN 1606 0,08 N/mm2 Compressive resistance or compressive strength at 10% compression EN 826 0,25 N/mm2 Associated modulus of elasticity EN 826 10 – 18 N/mm2 Thermal conductivity EN 13164 0,036 W/mK Tensile strength EN 1607 0,45 N/mm2 Shearing resistance EN 12090 0,2 N/mm2 Shear modulus EN 12090 7 N/mm2 Bulk density EN 1602 32 kg/m3 Resistance to water vapour diffusion(μ) EN 12086 100 Water absorption under long-term immersion EN 12087 ≤ 1,5 Vol.-% Capillar action 0 Linear coefficient of thermal expansion 0,07 mm/mK Temperature limits -50°C / +75°C Fire behaviour EN 13501 E Propellant gas, carbon dioxide, GWP value 1
- Area of application
Areas of application Mensolo-L/-U
- The L- and U-shape building boards, have many different areas of application. But are often used for shelving solutions or pipe cladding. The substrate created can be used for tiles, plaster or paint.