wedi building boards XL and XXL
„Stand-alone, robust wall solution with
only one single wedi building board.“
- Product information
wedi building boards have a blue core made from CFC-free extruded polystyrene rigid foam. This makes the wedi building board an ideal basis for any type of plaster and tile. wedi building boards can be applied to practically any substrate, they are waterproof, insulating, versatile, light and robust.
These large building boards stand out because of their distinctive width, of up to 1.20 m. This means that the XL and XXL building boards are easy assembly with all the benefits of the classic wedi building board such as being light and easy to handle, despite their size. Simple to assemble and big in quality.
- The blue XPS core is 100% waterproof and remains fully functional even after possible damage.
- abP*: building board butt joints can be 100% sealed, simply by using wedi 610. Because no other seal is required, craftsmen will benefit from increased security and a shorter tiling time.
- The cemented surface is a good adhesive under-surface. The fibre fabric also absorbs tensile forces.
- All building board systems have great heat insulation properties,
You can find all advantages at a single glance here.
* abP (Allgemeines bauaufsichtliches Prüfzeugnis – German General Technical Approval) in combination with tile and slab covering.
- Technical data
Technical data of building board XL & XXL
Sound insulation DIN EN ISO 140-3 (at board thickness of 12.5 mm) Rw, P 23 dB Fire behaviour EN 13501 E Bending stress based on DIN 53293 3900 kPa (mean value) Adhesive tensile strength 0,28 N/mm2 Weight: wedi building board (1250 x 600 x 4 mm)
wedi building board XXL (2500 x 1200 x 50 mm)
Linear coefficient of thermal expansion 0,017 mm/(mk)
Technical properties – Rigid foam
Long-term compressive strength (50 years) ≤ 2% compression EN 1606 0,08 N/mm2 Compressive resistance or compressive strength at 10% compression EN 826 0,25 N/mm2 Associated modulus of elasticity EN 826 10 –18 N/mm2 Thermal conductivity EN 13164 0,036 W/mK Tensile strength EN 1607 0,45 N/mm2 Shearing resistance EN 12090 0,2 N/mm2 Shear modulus EN 12090 7 N/mm2 Bulk density EN 1602 32 kg/m3 Resistance to water vapour diffusion(μ) EN 12086 100 Water absorption under long-term immersion EN 12087 ≤ 1,5 Vol.-% Capillar action 0 Linear coefficient of thermal expansion 0,07 mm/mK Temperature limits -50°C / +75°C Fire behaviour EN 13501 E Propellant gas, carbon dioxide, GWP value 1
- Area of application wedi building boards XL and XXL - Timecode 2:52
Area of application wedi building boards XL & XXL
- XL and XXL building boards stand out because of their exceptional width up to 1.20m. The XL and XXL building boards bring together all the benefits of classic wedi building boards and are also particularly light and easy to handle, despite their size. Simple to assemble and big in quality.